Saturday, January 5, 2013

punctuation (semicolon)





Today I study about punctuation. There are many punctuation such as, comma, full stop, colon, hypen, dash, question mark, quotation mark, exclamination, semicolon, etc. when I study about it, my teacher asked how semicolon is used other than in emotion?. I said use semicolon as kind of “super comma”. This is to separate sentences that are grammatically independent but that have closely connected meaning.  For examples :
1.   Manda likes coffe; Heyga likes tea.  
2.   You did your best; now let’s hope you pass the exam.
3.   Nando wants to go out; Goerge wants to stay at home.
Sometimes I get confused with punctuation, but I always study more and try to find out my problem especially in punctuation. My teacher always give me another example about punctuation, so I understand about it. Moreover  I and my friends discuss about what we have learned before.  I know it's not simple, but I always want to try study it and I never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment