Sunday, December 9, 2012

Relative Clauses



Hai pals…..
Today I study  about relative clauses with who/whom/which and I want to share you about that….
Who follows by verb/to be
Example :
1.     The lady teaches English. She is standing over there. à The lady who is standing over there teaches English.
2.    The boy  is my boyfriend. He is with us. à The boy who is with us is my boyfriend.
3.    Was it Janeth. She said that. à Was it Janeth who said that?
Whom follows by subject
Example :
1.     This is mr.Jack. I talked to him yesterday. à This is mr. Jack whom I talked to yesterday.
2.    She is the girl. I saw her at the library two days ago. à She is the girl whom I saw at the library two days ago.
3.    The teacher is mr.Brown. I like him best. à The teacher whom I like best is mr.Brown.
Which refers to a thing
Example :
1.     The vase is unique. It is on the table. à The vase which is on the table is unique.
2.    Is this the bag. You want it. à Is this the bag which you want?.
3.    The music concert was not good. We saw it last night. à The music concert which we saw last night was not good.
Okey pals that is all and I hope this is useful and increase our knowledge. See you later :D  

No comments:

Post a Comment